World Ocean Circulation User Consultation > Author Instructions
Guidelines for Authors
The dedicated conference power point template can be downloaded HERE
- Please include at the end of your presentation one “Recommendations” slide to succinctly list what you think should be tackled in priority by future ESA activities on ocean circulation science and applications
- Presenters shall respect the allocated time (see the published programme) per presentation
- Please prepare your presentations in MS PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat format (PDF) (only these formats will be accepted)
- The presentation laptop will be running Windows connected to a projector available for the presentations
- Please take into account that the meeting room is quite large, the presentations should contain clear information with appropriate font (and image) size that is legible from the back of the conference room
- Please bring your presentation on a USB stick (make a folder if not a single file), name it LastnameInitial.type (e.g., PresenterA.ppt) and make sure your presentation has been copied to the computer in the meeting room well before the start of your session
- Presenters are kindly requested to be present in the meeting room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session and to make their presence known to the chair of the session.
The POSTER session shall take place on the 21 February 2019 from 18:30 to 20:00
In addition to the poster session, all the poster authors will have a 2' slot during the dedicated Pitch sessions to present orally one "Recommendations" slide. Please check on the agenda in which Pitch session is your contribution allocated to. We kindly ask you to send your "Recommendations" slide to email@example.com before Tuesday, 19th February, so that we can include it on time in the Pitch session overall presentation.
- Presenters at the poster sessions shall bring their own printed posters. It will not be possible to print a poster onsite
- The required poster size is A0 (* Height: 119cm, * Width: 84cm), portrait orientation
- Authors are strongly encouraged to produce a “proper” full-size poster rather than using multiple smaller (e.g. A4) sheets
- Poster numbers will be noted on the panels
- Poster can be mounted during the registration and the AM coffee break on day-1 and shall remain on display for the whole duration of the workshop. The material necessary for sticking the poster to the board will be available in the poster area. They can be dismounted at the end of the workshop. All the posters left behind in the poster session room shall be dismissed after the event.
NB. The presentations and posters given during the two days will be published in pdf format on the website following the event - unless unauthorised by the author.